Friday, November 27, 2009

Tool Academy

So since I'm post-college on the cusp of the rest of my life, I've suddenly plunged myself into this weird, perpetual search for things. Things for my house when I get out on my own. The most natural extension of this is crap for my grown-up kitchen. I've been collecting little things along the way for a while now. Little cooking tools and tchotchkes that I already cherish, and hope to do so even more when I'm actually able to put them into use. I'm going to try to make this a little weekly cool things section, especially since I went a little crazy and already found like, 80 pictures of shit I liked.




I actually bought these from the MoMA design ship. I can't wait to be out on my own and host my sexy dinner parties so I can break these shits out. Via.


I may also have a weird thing for cutting boards. This one, shaped like a while and available from Urban Outfitters, is perfectly hip. Quick, get me a knitted vest and some leggings! Via.

 
I'm too in love with these word bubble-shaped serving dishes to even say something snarky. Via.


Everything from Fred is so witty and awesome, I want to buy the entire Web site. Available at fine hip tchotchke shops everywhere (including Urban Outfitters, probably). These nesting cups are awesome AND functional AND exruciatingly clever — three of my favorite qualities in kitchenware. I would probably just lose the bottom of one of them though, and it would just ruin everything. Via.



 
I really want this little owl pitcher. Be still, my owl-loving heart! Via.

No comments: